Monday, January 9, 2012

Well hello 2012!

Well hello 2012 and we are back and as busy as ever! On our break I started moving bits and pieces down to our nearly finished home by the beach, and Faith was relaxing with family and friends up the coast. I'm sooo terribly excited about the move and to be honest a little daunted by the fact that for the past two years I've had a vision as to how everything is going to look and I just hope I can pull it off! Plus I've come to the conclusion that I have way too many bits and pieces and as my tastes mature I must learn to let go of some things. So my umpteen retro ice buckets and collection of coastal inspired teaspoons must go!! I'm also saying goodbye to my hand painted ceramics that Faith and I did as a hobby many years ago! My glazed distorted merman and mermaid dishes and platters must go!
I've included a couple of photos on inside my new beach home....I haven't had a chance to hang any prints yet but I think my fish inspired prints are going to be perfect hung above my dresser and as for the cane pod!!!!
What a nightmare that was to get in!....  I had this vision of it being a cosy reading nook...little did I know that these "Outdoor Pods" and as my hubby kept emphasising  "Outdoor" aren't meant to fit inside a house. Well 1 1/2 hours later....I'm not kidding!...it was a nightmare...I was prepared to leave it...and tell everyone it was an abstract piece of artwork which is unique to this Peninsula!! But after splinted cane and a bent window frame it popped through!
Hmmm not all visions are easy to execute!
Take Care and enjoy the summer sunshine.
xo Evanthe and Faith



0 comments: